Why New Life C.O.M?
New Life Christian Outreach Ministry is one answer to the question, “What does God want with our lives?” Jesus was once asked, “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And Jesus answered, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets” (Matthew 22:36-40).
"NLCOM exists to do just that—love God and love others. Started over ten years ago as just an idea, today NLCOM has three main branches: A.C.T.S (Alliances for Christian Training & Servant-Hood), N.A.P.C Inc. (National Association of Pastoral Leadership & Christian Counseling Inc.); Praize365 Faith Radio (P365 Urban Gospel Media Inc. & Radio Station) and L.I.F.E. Source Prison Ministry (Living In Faith Everyday)"
It can be said that our 4-month discipleship and mentoring program for young adults; has truly changed a lot of lives and help develop a strong and spiritual community. We strive to help others build a personal relationship with the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, so they too can help, train, and mentor others as well. We are truly a purpose driven ministry that is divided up in 2 spiritual forms of transformation -
1: Short-Term Goals- To enhance the power of the Holy Ghost, so we can be productive within ministry,
2: Long-Term Goals- To be Christ Like in all that We do Everyday of our Lives.
We are glad you found us. So we ask that you take a few minutes to look around our site, learn about our history, connect and become involved within different ministries we offers, as well as understanding our dedication and purpose as a ministry within the Kingdom of God. Learn more about pastoral, ministerial and commission certifications award, indepth teaching of A.C.T.S Inc., becoming a part of the movement of National Association of Pastoral Leadership & Christian Counseling programs. Seeking this information will surely help you obtain more wisdom with the ability to volunteer within one or more outreach programs, become a resources of support, while being strong as a individual mentor so that others can do the same within your community.
Welcome to New Life Christian Outreach & Ministries, for we are a family of faith-based, community service, christian organizations, ministerial covering within the kingdom of God.
The activities and services of our ministry are based on a philosophy of ministry that includes; strong faith, biblical teaching, spiritual network, christian mentoring, christian education, servant-hood and community actions based. We truly believe in the fact that our concern and well-being is to ensure that all those whom God lead to us, we must equip, encourage, empower, educate and endorse not just part of who they are, but for the whole person, mind, body and spirit. “Our ministry terms consist of: Mental, Spiritual, Emotional, Physical and Financial what are based upon integrity and mutual respect; and a desire to equip people to reach their God-given potential.
NLCOM fellowship truly operates and provide a Christ-centered spiritual resource center via web: www.nlcom.org in order to reach as many people as possible, but we also establish a strong and spiritual connection within our community, churches, ministries, christian programs, and other christian organizations.
We deeply share our vision, mission and values within ministry and within the community so others may know and understand the method we teach which includes christian mentoring, family counseling, pastoral counseling, ministerial training, outreach programs & developments, case management, older adult programs, chaplaincy training and evangelism development. Our services may vary by communities or state which we live, but our method of being a servant of God is truly developed in response to what, where, when, and why God leads us to help those who are in need.
In 2001, God gave our founder and chairman of the Elder Council the vision to help others, to build a platform that would be effective not only within prison ministry or evangelism, but also within the community as a advocacy to helping others to build a personal relationship with the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, to be able to see a better life by obtaining a strong education, spiritual development, family involvement and fellowship support.
With this vision individuals begin to come forth and established a desire to learn this method of transformation. The teaching of Mental, Spiritual, Emotional, Physical and Personal transformation became known as the 5 principle of Life Journey. A unique level of inspiration and motivational purpose. But God place more within the method and within the hearts of those who was part of this ministry. God gave each individual the desire to reach out to someone, to help others within the community to see how life can be different if they truly open up their hearts and soul to the love of Christ. The Holy Ghost gave the founder a ministry that would appeal to others, to family, to friends, and neighbors who were missing out on a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Our founder begin to train and minister to young men and women whom God called to make a differences within the community, to be light of transformation and love, to be a mentor to those who felt lost and confused. They held meeting and support group within the Peoria IL. Libraries or even rent out some conferences hall to spread the truth about the wisdom and love of God.
Many people felt that Bishop Smith the founder was doing it wrong, they wanted him to become a part of a church, to help them grow instead of trying to do it only in the community. But it was by the love of God, not by the measurement of man that our founder was following. As of 2018, New Life Christian Outreach & Ministry, Alliances for Christian Training & Servant-hood, National Association of Pastoral Leadership & Christian Counseling Inc. and Praize365 – Faith Radio is truly blessed and anointed vision of Christ, a measurement of what it is to be Christ-like in all that we do in the kingdom of God and within the community.
“Its not about numbers, or how many people who have in your services or followers or even fellowship, it is about knowing that God is touching the lives of those who has decide to come forth and change, to build that personal relationship with the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, and then share it with others.” Quote by: Bishop Smith
Now, New Life C.O.M has been effective not only within the community, but also within the prison system, youth development programs, educational programs, support groups for substance abuse, mental awareness support group and more. We are a product of the Kingdom of God, it is not by our will but by his will and mercy.
“Our Inspired Book of Faith”
It is by the blessing of God that our true mission is to restore hope and provide spiritual encouragement, education of the word of God, empowerment of prayer, elevation of fellowship, enlightenment of the Holy Spirit, and endorsement of being a servant of the Kingdom of God for all those who truly desire the opportunities and movement to become all that God intends them to be; not just on earth, but also in heaven.
We provide many platforms for different spiritual outlooks, churches, and ministries to be able to partner with us, in order to truly put the love of Christ and Spirit of God and the Action of Faith by into the Community and in the lives of many.
Our mission focus is serving the most vulnerable, uplifting the body of Christ, teaching others, mentoring others, establishing a strong network of christian community, and sharing the word of God through many different avenues. We are here to serve people of all races, ethnicity, creeds, gender and orientation regardless of their faith, actions and state of mind.
"God is our Inspiration, Changing Lives is our Passion"
New Life C.O.M is truly a solid build ministry based upon the relationship and association of the Apostolic Ministry, Evangelism Teaching, Training of Alliances for Christian Training and Servant-hood, Leadership & Counseling development as well as others partnership within ministry.
Our dedication as a non for profit Christian fellowship and Organizations - we seek to share our spiritual platform, uniting the body of Christ as our method, while placing compassion within our vision, so that all those who come forth to fellowship with us, shall truly understand our goals and actions by providing a full range of spiritual encouragement, mentoring, education, human services, support groups, religious and community development activities.
These mission, goals and activities help people realize their God-given potential as uniquely gifted individuals in their family, community, relationship with God, and within themselves through faith in Jesus Christ.
"Build a Community - Grow In Faith - Share the Joy"
Believing that God’s character shows no partiality.
It is very important to us to acknowledge and share the truth that God’s coming Kingdom is multi-ethnic, that God’s great commission is to disciple all nations, that Jesus broke down the dividing walls of hostility and called His disciples to unity, we have committed to following the truth of the Gospel by equipping our leadership, staffs, partners, fellowships, mentors, and students concerning issues of racial justice, reconciliation, and reaching the growing cultural diversity among all people while seeking that diversity in ourselves and within our community as a full body and servant of God.
"There is no greater joy, then serving the Lord and being truthful & Christ-Like in all that we do"
As a outreach ministry and part of a platform for training and seminary spiritual education we are committed to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and united in his mission within the community, schools, college campuses, seminary platforms, training programs, internship programs, and outreach, church programs. We truly agree to stand-firm in our purpose and agreement to spread the gospel, and teach those who are truly willing and able to help and teach others from teachers, students, staff, volunteers, christian mentors, pastoral counselors, educational faculty, Christian Leaderships, training staff, and internship programs within organizations that is willing and able to agree to our principles about a strong relationship and spiritual platform with others Christian organizations and educational purpose within the community. (John 13:34-35)
- We are all part of Christ's body.
- We do not regard any college campus, community or educational status as our exclusive field. We recognize that many teachers, students and faculty - even including prison ministries and chaplaincy programs, may be helped through the various appeals and styles of the different organizations.
- We will seek to establish relationships and build bridges with our counterparts in other Christian groups within the community, educational programs, chaplaincy programs, prison ministries and college campus. When establishing ministries within the community, prison system, county jails systems, and college campuses, we will take the initiative to communicate with the leadership of existing groups.
- We will speak well of and refrain from criticism of each others' ministries and members.
- We commit to addressing problems on a local, regional or national level by humbly communicating with our counterparts, seeking the Lord together to resolve the issues.
- We affirm the leadership commitments that individuals, staff, chaplains, mentors, supporters, interns, even students and faculty have made to each others' ministries and will not actively recruit them away from those groups. When starting a new program within different communities, prisons, schools, and college campus. It is important that we work closely with one another in order to become effective and a platform that will not only provide a strong outlook for our program, but also for other organization that will endeavor to select new leaders, trainers, staff members, etc. not from other groups or ministries.
- We recognize that all leaders, chaplains, mentors, teachers, interns, volunteers, as well as students and faculty have the freedom to choose their involvement with any program, church or campus ministry. In general, we will encourage them to select and be involved with one primary organization.
- We will encourage collaborative efforts on a voluntary basis between our organizations. We are open to share experiences and resources to assist each other with the unique challenges of all communities, schools, prisons, and/or campus ministry.
- Outreach must be open and transparent to all, including those being reached. (Luke 10:25-30)
- Outreach must exhibit a genuine love and respect for individuals and their cultures. . (Luke 10:31-37)
- Outreach must be grounded in the command to "love God" and to "love your neighbor" (Deuteronomy 6:5).
- Outreach ends do not justify unscrupulous means. (Matthew 14:13-21 and 15:29-39)
- Outreach must be modeled on the Trinitarian action of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.( Matthew 4:3-4)
As Christian care-givers and pastoral movement within the body of Christ and community, we commit ourselves to the following principles:
- We will do no harm to our members, fellowships, or patients by acts of either omission or commission.
- We are dedicated to the prevention and relief of human pain and suffering.
- We hold all human life to be sacred as created in God's image.
- We respect the confidentiality of all communications exchanged with our members.
- We affirm the standard of honesty in all circumstances.
- We believe that our members have the right to be carefully taught about all aspects of their spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical state of being concerning the commitment of Christian counseling, Pastoral leadership, Biblical Impact within pastoral counseling, substance abuse treatment programs, family relationship, self-esteem and/or individuals growth, actions and faith so that they may give consent that is properly informed.
- We pursue excellence in measurement of our outreach programs and conditions of mentoring, counseling, teaching and pastoral purpose through advancement of Christian Leadership and Christian Counseling.
Because we follow the example of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who came to earth "not to be ministered unto, but to minister and to give His life," we are dedicated to the service of all persons regardless of the state of their economic resources or the nature of their illness.
In circumstances where their care is beyond our own resources, we will intervene on their behalf as advocates of adequate care and community advocacy platform.
We desire to maintain a quality of relationship with our members, leadership, partnerships and affiliates which will bespeak our availability for spiritual ministry, leadership, and biblical counsel.
I COR 9:16-27 THE DUTY OF THE MINISTER
Point 1 – He Must Preach the Gospel at All Times: Verses 16-18
1. He must glorify God and not himself – vs 16
2. He must preach the Word of God – vs 16
3. He must surrender his will to God’s will – vs 17
4. He must preach for souls and not personal gain – vs 18
5. He must be disciplined and accountable – vs 18
Ethical success or failure can make or break a ministry and its leadership. With a desire for ministry as well as begin a unique leader we must make sound ethical decisions and to flourish, New Life C.O.M and A.C.T.S as well as its affiliate's developed the National Code of Ethics for Ministry and Ministers (NAE Platform) designed to provide a consistent code of ethics that crosses denominational lines.
- We put no stumbling block in anyone’s path, so that our ministry will not be discredited. (2 Corinthians 6:3)
- Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. (Philippians 1:27)
- All who are called by God to the ministry of the gospel solemnly commit to a life of joyful obedience and selfless service in order to glorify God and enrich his people. Therefore, a minister will:
I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity. All these things I have given willingly and with honest intent. (1 Chronicles 29:17)
- in personal character.
Exalt Christ, not self. Be honest, not exaggerating or over promising; peace-loving, not contentious; patient, not volatile; diligent, not slothful. Avoid and, when necessary, report conflicts of interest and seek counsel.
- in personal care.
Care for the spiritual, mental, emotional and physical dimensions of your person, for “your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit” (1 Corinthians 6:19).
- in preaching and teaching.
Interpret the Bible accurately and apply it discerningly: “In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned” (Titus 2:7-8). Speak the truth in love. Give due credit when using the words or ideas of others.